June 17, 2011

White Stripes Covers week with Alex Robinson!

A couple years ago, I commissioned my favourite comic book artist/writer Alex Robinson to recreate the album cover of The White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan using Jane and Stephen from his graphic opus Box Office Poison. Recently I decided to complete the set by commissioning the rest of The White Stripes albums with various characters from Alex's works subbing in for Jack and Meg White. All this week, Alex has been revealing a new illustration daily on his tumblr site and, as an added bonus, he's digitally coloured these including my original commission from 2 years back! Of course, I'll be getting the original drawings in the mail once I get back from London. I can't even express how ecstatic I am at the results and brilliant little details hidden within for the true White Stripes/Alex Robinson connoisseur-- namely me, ha ha!

I absolutely encourage you to check out Alex's comics: Box Office Poison, Tricked, Too Cool To Be Forgotten, A Kidnapped Santa Claus, and the mini Lower Regions (a sequel to which he's currently updating weekly as a webcomic). Thanks a zillion, Alex!

Take a peek below at the mashed-up cover art (in album chronology) and click the thumbnails to see the larger versions on Alex's site.







No comments:

Post a Comment